7 SIMPLE STEPS
FOR BETTER HEALTH
A study by Breslow and Belloc in the 1970's confirmed that people who make healthier lifestyle choices, not only live longer but also have a better quality of life and a lower incidence of all diseases, especially the chronic ones. Since that time, so much more research has confirmed their findings. The Staff at Lifestyle Therapeutix has learned personally of the value of healthy lifestyle choices. And, it's what they teach their patients. You can add them to your life too. They will only improve your health!! Isn't that what everyone wants......BETTER HEALTH!!
7 SIMPLE STEPS FOR BETTER HEALTH!!
- GO TO BED!! Every night between 9:30 and 10:00. Our bodies operate on a circadian rhythm daily and a circasepten rhythm weekly. When these rhythms are ignored, sleep, appetite, heart rate, blood pressure,body temperature, certain hormones and the immune system are all affected. Yes, you can impact all of those for the better, if you #gotobed (Diabetes Self-management Journal)
- GET TO STEPPIN!! In addition to major benefit to the cardiovascular system, walking (moderate exercise) also helps to protect against dementia, peripheral artery disease, obesity, diabetes, depression,colon cancer and even erectile dysfunction. (Harvard University) And, while working out in a gym is better than nothing, outside in the SUNLIGHT provides your body with the only natural source of the much needed Vitamin D. #gettosteppin
- PILE ON THE PLANT FOODS!! Over the last 30 years, so much more information has been discovered and confirmed by the American Dietetic Association regarding the amazing health-benefits of eating plants. So much so that their position statement affirms a well-planned plant-based diet as healthful and nutritionally adequate! (ADA, 2009) Whether you decide to eat a totally plant-based diet or just add lots more to your diet, you can only improve your health by doing it. A Plant-Based Diet is nutrient dense, phytochemical rich, fiber-full, low in fat, low in calories, health promoting, disease preventing and disease reversing!! Don't know what your favorites are, but you definitely need to start adding more of those and experimenting with others. #pileontheplantfoods
- CUT STUFF LOOSE!!! Stress is a response to pressure or threat. Under stress w may feel tense, nervous, or on edge. The stress response is physical too. STRESS triggers a surge of a hormone called adrenalin that temporarily affects the nervous system. STRESS suppresses the immune system making easier to get sick! And, for populations subject to mistreatment due to race, gender, sexual preference, religion or socioeconomic status, the impact is even greater! (Dr. David Williams, Harvard University). #cutstuffloose
- HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE!! Scientists believe that our bodies are 65%-78% water. It's no wonder that we need to drink plenty daily. Some recommendations are at least 1/2 your body's weight in ounces. And, with all the ways to flavor your water without adding calories/sugar you have plenty of options. But, did you know that using water externally is also beneficial to your health?. A combination of hot/cold and warm water externally via shower, bath soak, or limb soak can manipulate the body's circulatory system and improve health!! Dr. Andre Lwoff, a Nobel Prize winning scientist and Josef Issels, a European Cancer Specialist, used "hyperthermia" treatments when treating cancer patients and actually believe that "Artificially induced fever has the greatest potential in the treatment of many diseases, including cancer!" AMAZING!!!!! #hydratehydratehydrate
- TAKE A DEEP BREATH!! According to Bernell Baldwin, Ph.D., fresh air is chemically different than the recirculated indoor air that most Americans breathe. And, quality fresh air is actually electrified. The life-giving oxygen molecule is negatively charged or "negatively ionized." This negatively charged oxygen gives rise to a number of benefits. Some of which include, improved sense of well being, improved function of the lung's cilia, relaxation, lowered resting heart rate and decreased survival of bacteria and viruses in the air. Go ahead, open up that window, go outside and #takeadeepbreath
- TURN IT OVER TO JESUS!! Study after study are recognizing the positive impact of prayer, worship, meditation and service to others on one's health. The Adventist Health Study, The BlueZone Project, and the work done by Greg Anderson of the Cancer Recovery Foundation, to name a few, all link better health to a life that includes the behaviors mentioned. And, in people who practice those behaviors, when they are sick and physical health is not restored, there is a mental and emotional peace that surpasses the comprehension of many observers. While these behaviors impact current events, the Life Events that we carry from encounters in childhood, (ACE Study, CDC) can also be impacted through the process of prayer, meditation, and the act of forgiveness. Struggling? #turnitovertoJesus
"The Lord is near to those that are of a broken spirit"